Tuesday 11 February 2014

Lick It Good - Energy Conservation Postage Stamp's

Above are two pieces of work I created for a brief which intailed myself having to design postage stamps commemorative towards energy conservation. I had a choice of which method's and techniques I was allowed to use to design these postage stamps, which where, Collage, Stippled, Gouache or Pastel, Photo-Realistic, and Folk Art ways of working. I decided I wanted to work with collage and using bits of old newspaper (using articles with relevance to saving energy), water colour and text layered over eachother to create my stamps. I believe they are very interesting pieces of work although they are unfinished and just experimentation pieces I think they convey my message of energy related references very successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment