Tuesday 11 February 2014

Journey Brief - Abstract Paintings Composed on Photo Shop

I have decided to put all three of these pieces of work together to present as one as I believe they really work well as a set of paintings complimenting eachother with both colour and composition. They are from my exploratory stage on a brief named Journey. I decided to focus on my journey that I take walking to my local rugby teams club and in doing so produced several mark making illustrations inspired by Frank Auerbach, I then composed these into abstract paintings. I then scanned these paintings into photo shop to manipulate the content and composition creating really interesting form and successful pieces of work. I then decided furthered my process and went on to painting over the print outs and scratching texture into them for more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment